I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A different Head Space

I have not been on here for a few reasons:

1) I have only run ONCE since my marathon last May.  I've lost complete interest in running. I'm really not sure why, but since I don't care, I also don't care to contemplate why.

2)  I believe fitness has to do with more than working out. Frankly I'm tired of focusing on working out, and I'm tired of hearing that so many women are unsatisfied with their bodies. It makes me sad.  I bet your husbands find you super sexy no matter what your weight is. I know my husband finds me sexy when I'm happy.  So for me....fitness has become much more mental.

3) Being a fit mom is being the best wife and mother I can be.  I need to take the time to be there for my kids. They won't be here forever. I can spend the rest of my empty nest days running marathons. For now, I don't want to spend my time trying to fit it all in.  I can do it, I just don't want to. 

4) I have also taken a huge break from the computer. I check email, and respond to a few facebook comments, but I really need to pull away from cyber space.  My daughter is now 10, and I would rather set the example for her, and not focus on this silly screen. The computer is great for many things, like research and business stuff. But it can also a waste of time. Already they ask me daily if they can play a game on the computer, and it drives me nuts.    We need to stay close as a family. I need to be bored and play a board game with them...not jump on the computer.


I know this sounds grumpy but it isn't.  This is just where I'm at, and I'm being real.

So until I care enough to get back on the computer you won't hear from me.  Keep being your best and doing what your soul needs you to be to be the healthiest in mind body and soul.

If that is running or working out...go for it!!  If that is taking a break from it all...do that instead.

Alyson

No comments: