I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Date Night!

Last night we headed to Perth Ontario for the 2012 Perth Kilt run. It was SUCH a fun night for SO many reasons. Those involved know what I'm talking about ;)

There were over 2000 participants and we made the Guinness Book of World Records for the most people running at the same time in a kilt.  lol 

It was a well organized race and a lot of fun. I've never been to a race that gave out a free beer at the end, and I have to say that for this non drinker.... it made for the beginning of an interesting evening to say the least ;)    The beer also distracted me from stretching afterwards which I am paying for as I type this.


Running with my husband and friends was the best part.  We did not set out to win anything or compete against each other. Everyone just wanted to do something fun with their husbands. I have to admit that I went ahead of my hubby and regretted it. I would much rather run by his side. 

It was SUPER hot, and at around the 3km mark I was asking myself why I torture myself with hard runs. Especially since I have no chance of actually winning any races or placing. I was even going to stop and wait for him so we could finish together (he was only a minute or so behind).

THEN!!!


When I finished I found out that I came FIRST in my age! 




It was a reminder that I love to run and push myself to my limits. I do it for the personal challenge and I don't think I have it in me not to give it my all.

This prize makes me smile. After the marathon I said to my husband... " I just want to come in first once. Just once in a race ".    Well I certainly did not WIN the race, and they gave a cool bath towel to all the first place finishers in their AGE so there were about 100 1st place prizes... ( I was first overall for 34year old females...just 34year olds...lol) 

I don't care. It was fun having my wish come true. It was fun running with my husband and good friends, and it was really fun drinking a complementary beer after the race.

Made for the beginning of a super fun date night. A sweaty good time.


My Stats:

Chip Time       41:16
Overall            211/1727
All Women      54/1001
F20-39              17/311
Age 34              1/22

3 comments:

Mrs White said...

That's absolutely awesome.
Congrats.
Sounds like much fun.
Gheez...i'll have to look Perth up because I have no idea where Perth is. lol
I just found out over the weekend where Oro-Medonte is.
Anyways...I'm glad you got your first place. Hopefully that will be enough to encourage you for more first place finishes you know you can do.
All the best.

Mrs White
http://bringingfurmanhome.blogspot.com

Megan said...

i'm following your blog! I'm also a running mom, love reading others blogs :) :) Love your race prize :P

RLClover said...

Awesome that you took first place! Someday I will get back in to running-I swear. I don't know how you can do it in the heat, but beer sounds like a great incentive. ;)