I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Crap...I'm sick.

Two days ago I turned to my husband and said how amazed and happy I was that I've managed to keep at bay all the winter colds and flu's this year. I've pumped my diet full of vitamin packed fruits and veggies, and stayed away from sick people.  With 3 weeks to go until the Marathon I thought I was in the clear.

Two weeks ago I ran a Half Marathon hard and fast. Last Monday I ran 34km and was gearing up to run 38 tomorrow.  but... WHAM!!!!!!!!

I woke up Friday morning and felt sick. No energy, head hurt, nose dripping. Yesterday it progressed to a nasty cough with yellow flem.  NOT GOOD.

I'm trying not to panic.  I'm trying to take deep breaths and know there is nothing I can do about it.  I'm telling myself that perhaps this is God's way of forced rest. I am on the taper now anyway so maybe He is forcing me to REALLY rest for a week.  Running the 34kms a week after a hard Half Marathon was not a good idea. I should have only done 12kms and I pushed my body too hard. Perhaps if I did the 38kms this Monday I would have injured myself.

That is what I'm telling myself to feel better.  I'm also going to go on antibiotics. I'm not a drug person. I'm ALL about toughing it out to help my immune system. However, if drugs help me recover faster this time I'm all for it.

Pray for me. This is NOT good. But there is no use in panic and worry. That won't help. I just need to deal with it and move forward.

Alyson

No comments: