I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Surprising myself...

"May last year's ceiling be this year's floor"

I'm pretty sure that is my moto for 2012 and I love it.

Goal setting is so important for so many reasons. For me this time my goals are huge, and meeting them. No, surpasing them is proving to be the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. I feel alive again. I feel like I really CAN do this!

Sometimes we just need to start over and that is o.k.  I watch that video in my last post and I tear up for so many reasons.  I have days when I fall and all I can do is lift my head and cry out for help.  
Then I have days when I muster enough courage to get back up and fight.
Running for me is and has been a very practical way for me to pick myself back up again and show myself  the race is not over. I have another chance to do something great with my life.

This Sunday I am about to run a 21km training run. I am about to surpass the longest distance I have ever ran and I feel so ready for it. This marathon training is surprising me. It is proving to me that I can do anything if I work hard and set my eyes on it. Don't get me wrong, I know the good Lord is right there with me holding off my injuries and carrying me sometimes.

I am so grateful for the journey I am on this year. Grateful that I have been able to pick myself back up and move forward one step at a time. I am grateful that I am restoring my relationship with God and feeling His presence more and more. Most of all I am glad that I got up and started over again.

One day I will win this race of life. I haven't given up and I'm certainly glad that God has not given up on me either.

Happy Running,
Alyson

Oh....and please sponsor me. I am trying to raise 1$ for every km I am running. I would love to reach 500.00 by the end of Febuary. Even 1$ will make a difference and helps me know that YOU have my back and support me.  check out my sponsor page HERE.

No comments: