I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Plugging along...

I'm alive!! Busy..But alive I promise.

My marathon training is on it's way. This week I ran over 50kms!!! Can you believe it? I can't. No really...I can't believe it.  I have NEVER run that much in my entire life, and my knee doesn't even hurt!!!
I get a little bored with the drudgery, but my body is holding up and that is important.  I notice I'm even getting a little faster. This month I will continue with simple runs, continuing to build my kms.  I will add core strength and stretching so keep strong.  in MARCH, when my body is used to the long kms, I will begin to add track workouts once a week.  This will make me stronger and allow me to pick up my pace during the longer runs.

It is my HOPE, that when I run the 1/2 marathon April 22nd, that I will be able to run it at PACE... That means I will be aiming for a 145-150min time. That is 10-15 FASTER than what I ran it last year, but considering last year I only ran 3x a week and did not do much else, I think it is doable. 

This winter has been STRANGE. It has been extremely ICY.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that most of my runs are done on shear ice. I am getting a little tired of it. I'm not sure if I want to wish for snow and blizzards though.  How about cold, CLEAR weather??

I've started a little picture series called NO EXCUSES for fun.  My running partner Anita and I have been running in the craziest weather and are trying to laugh at it.  Below is an attempt at poking fun of our night runs.

No comments: