I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Morning Runs

I have never liked morning running. It takes me a while to wake up, and I would much rather run with full sun on my face.
With the 4 kids, and farm chores (chickens for me, cattle for Adam), making it into town for 8am is not going to be easy.   Especially since this morning I booked a riding lesson for Lara at 9:30. My husband will need to readjust his schedule to accommodate me, get all the kids ready in the morning, and interrupt his farming chores.

In fact, training for the marathon, like the Half will require A LOT of time and sacrifice from my family.

The kids being in school this year will free up SOME time for me, but with the 4 kids, the farm, my husbands other 40-80 hr/week job, and my own household duties, fitting in the time for running is not easy.

Like I've always said before, there is always time to be found. It just means that some days I will be watching the sun come up.  Today I am up before dawn to get my morning coffee in and chores before the run.

Like all things in life you need to weigh the pros and cons and either choose to make it a priority or not.  My health is a priority and on this early snowy December morning I am glad to have made that choice.

Fitness is not easy. Choosing a healthy lifestyle is not easy all the time, but anything easy is not worth doing. The results are a happier Alyson, a calmer mother, and an enthusiastic and supportive wife.  I think for those reasons my family is also on board ;)

Happy Running,
Alyson

No comments: