I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I have to admit that I'm slightly overwhelmed at the number of kms I will need to run in the next 5 months to train for the Marathon. I calculated the official kms in my training program and they total 1125kms !!!!
I added them up because I will be trying to raise 1$ for every km I run. The money goes towards Mito Canada, a very worthy cause.  

Wow, 1125 kms is a LOT.  One step at a time right? One dollar at a time right?  Perhaps when I order my Team Mito running gear I will feel more 'marathony'.

The key is for me not to look at the big numbers. The key is to accomplish one goal at a time. Running 4 days a week, then a 10k race, then a half, and to take everything one step at a time.

It helps knowing that I am running for team Mito Canada and my friend Sarah.  It will also help knowing that  my friends and family are supporting me every step of the way as you support Mito Canada.  I can't do this by myself. Sarah needs your support and so do I.   I'll let you know soon how you can help.

Meanwhile I'll strap on my shoes and get out that door. Oh, and order my Team Mito running gear. Maybe if I look the part it will help me to run faster.


Happy Running,
Alyson

No comments: