I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Running the Race....

I know I have not posted much. I have been doing that on purpose. I put the kids in school this year to have a little more time to think. I still have 2 babies with me most of the time and so life is still very busy. Not homeschooling has simply freed up a little more mental time for me.

I have not been blogging much as I have been taking this time to be still and hear God's voice. I have been praying more, reading more, and listening a lot more.

I have been working on me. The person deep inside this body of mine and listening to her voice. Sometimes the voice inside clashes with God's voice and we duke it out. Lately God is winning and I'm slowly allowing Him to take control.

I am writing today because I believe that I have found MY verse. The verse that speaks to me. The verse that keeps me going both spiritually, physically and emotionally...and as always I can apply it directly to running ;)


Hebrews 12: 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne. 3 Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won't become weary and give up. 4 After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin.

These 3 verses our not only for running but for life as well.

I'm seeing a Marathon in my future....I'm just sayin' ;)

No comments: