I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Little Motivators and Dream Makers

12 days to go before the BIG RUN! I can hardly believe it. I headed out the door today for my first ever 19km run. It took me FOREVER but I did it.

It is raining and cold today and I actually turned back once outside the door, tail between my legs. I pictured being soaking wet, blisters and 2 hours of torture. I took off my shoes,put my water bottles in the fridge, and started figuring out how to change my running schedule for the next two weeks to accommodate this crappy weather.

No go. I HAD to run. In fact I was supposed to run yesterday but did not have the chance.

My nine year old looked at me and said " Mom just go. With all your training and your race so close, you just have to go. So just do it.''

She was right. Rain is rain and I would have to stop running eventually, so on my shoes went again and out the door I flew.

Today I did it for her. To show her that even mommy's can accomplish dreams ;) Thanks Lara.

No comments: