I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Off Track

I'm off schedule this week. I ran my 13km on Monday. The run itself was fine. It was all the extra stuff we did this week that caused me to spend the rest of Wednesday afternoon and evening on the couch.

It is spring on the farm and there is a TON of things that need to get done. Including cleaning chicken coops from a winters worth of poop, boiling maple syrup AND entertaining overnight guests.

My leg muscles were super tight Tuesday and Wednesday. I also had one glass of wine too many Tuesday night. The extra physical labor and too much wine are not good combinations when you are training for a half Marathon....I really need to get serious about this training stuff because I've wasted a week of running. I've certainly not wasted my life as it has been a great March break, but my running needs to get on track.

I've decided as much as I like the challenge of running this distance I'm not liking the 'have to'. Running has always been a release for me...not a chore and right now it is a chore.

Hopefully I'll get back on track next week?

No comments: