I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Me and God

When I run it is just me. Me and God. It is a time to reflect and to ponder, to question and to listen. I think I do my best worshiping when I run. I do my best listening. Sometimes It is just the sound of my breath and my footsteps. Other times it is the music playing in my ear that motivates me.

I thought I would share the song that kept me going tonight. It is just a fun and happy Gospel song. Every run there is usually one song I can play over and over again. Tonight it was this one....Because tonight it was just between Me and God ;)
Happy Running
Alyson

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh! I'm so glad I found your blog! I have started running -- trying to at least, I've never been much of a runner. I'm a homeschooling mom as well....since 2001 :)

Annett/ Fit Moms Fit Kids Club said...

My husband is training for his first Ironman and he always talks about the awesome time of worship he has on his rides and runs. He also prays his way through them. : )