I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

She Did It!!










We Did It!!!! Lara and I ran our first race together, and I don't mean that we started together. We actually ran the entire thing TOGETHER!
I am one happy mama right now. I am so proud of my little eight year old who finished FIRST in her age category. According to my watch her time was 26:40? for a 5km run. Wow!!
At first I was thinking that my competitive nature would kick in and that I would want to run as hard as I could so I could place in my own age category. Once we started running I realized that there would not be any medal won that could replace the joy of running along side her.
Little did I know just how fast she would go, and just how much SHE would keep ME going !!
Thank you Lara for being a part of something that is special to me and forcing me to get off the couch this morning and put on my running shoes.



I title the above picture ''what IS THAT??''
Look closely at my arms. Once again a reminder of why skinny chicks still need to do some push ups every once in a while. I would hate the see what ELSE would be flapping around if it wasn't for spandex...oh boy ;)


2 comments:

Carey said...

Congratulations to the both of you!

Anita said...

Congrats Lara! Amazing Job! Keep it up! And you've got an amazing coach to boot! ☺☺