I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Big Day Has Arrived

Well, this is it. THE BIG DAY. Audrey and I are officially 6 weeks postpartum. Time to get this body back into shape and into my pre pregnancy jeans.

I have 15 pounds or so to lose. It will take a while for it all to come off but my shape should start to turn soon enough. I find when breastfeeding my body will hold onto the extra fat until 3-6 months postpartum but I would be able to do up my jeans in 8 weeks or so.

This time will be MUCH different than the last. Last time it was summer, the hours were longer and the weather much nicer.
Now it is dark at 5pm and the weather is going to be crispy and snowy.

What worked last time was a half hour run or bike everyday for 6 days a week for 6 weeks.
This time because of the lack of daylight and cold, I will try to just get my heart rate up for half an hour everyday.

This will include running, biking, YMCA elliptical, and yoga. I'm also thinking because of this whole Swine Flu crap, I'm not going to be dropping my kids off at the YMCA play care very often. So, for the first time in my life I may have to become a work out video queen....we will see how that goes. Could be fun.

As for diet, this is my plan so far.....

Water,water, and more water,
2 eggs every morning after coffee of course;)
NO eating after supper...not even a snack
Cutting out crappy food. No deserts or candy ;(
Making sure I eat half of what my husband does (since he is almost double my size).

That is it for now. I need to eat as I will be adding exercise to breastfeeding so I'll be burning more calories. Besides, at this point if I just cut out the sweets and sugar and extra snacking that should be enough.

2 comments:

In Everything said...

I really liked the last part of your diet plan.... when I'm pregnant I can easily out-eat my hubby and it doesn't affect my weight one bit....

But then I get into the habit of eating the same amount he does and I SO do not weigh anything close to him...LOL!! When I watch my portions, it's amazing how it affects me, my energy and my waistline:)

And I totally understand the season affecting your working out routine.... it's soo sad that it was PITCH black outside tonight at 6!!!!

Nancy said...

Good plan. But for me - my husband seems to think that I should eat the same amounts that he eats! I wish I could convince him otherwise. You wouldn't believe the manoeuvres he goes thru to try and get me to eat more. . . and more. . . .! Sigh. Of course, I can't use that as an excuse for all the Halloween candy I've consumed. . .