I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Babywearing...properly ;)

Two days postpartum I posted this picture of me wearing Audrey.....

Notice the belly!! Isn't the uterus unbelievable?? Amazing how it expands and shrinks to accommodate a human being in my belly. Anyway. Not the point. The point is that WEARING your baby is amazing. It is comforting for the baby to be so close to mama. It is also good for mama when it is done properly!!!
In this picture you can see how my protruding belly was preventing me from wearing the Cuddly wrap properly.
So.....Here I am 1 week postpartum wearing her the right way.



See? no protruding belly (at least not much) to hinder proper positioning. The Cuddly wrap is my favorite wrap for when I have a lot of movement to do...like dishes, cleaning, and dancing in the living room. Audrey stays nice and secure, I have BOTH my hands free, AND because it goes over BOTH shoulders, my back does not strain AT ALL.
Part of being a FIT MOM means doing things that help my body and soul. I believe proper babywearing helps your body AND your soul for BOTH mom AND BABY.... and I will continue to do it for as long as I can. The baby benefits from the closeness. They say babies worn close to their mothers also cry less and feel MORE secure when they are put down. Another great reason to hold them close.

4 comments:

AnnG said...

You look awesome!! and happy!!

Stacey said...

Wow, you shrink down fast!! You look amazing :) And what a lucky little girl, being held close to your heart.

Andrea said...

lucky you ;)
where is this sling from please?!

Nancy said...

You look great! Audrey looks as if she has grown already!