I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Resting mommy is a Fit mommy

Woke up this morning with HORRIBLE back pain. I finished doing a thorough cleaning of my entire house over the last two days. As NEEDED as it was and as satisfying as it is to have a fabulously clean house, my poor aching back just feels like snapping in two!

For those of you who may not know, I have a bad back to begin with. It has been 5 years now, but I had a tumor and 3 vertebra removed from my spine. I'm doing AMAZING, but still get back pain if I do too much.

Well 33 weeks pregnant and deep cleaning an old farmhouse with 12 foot ceilings is kind of taxing.

Who needs the YMCA at this point. Seriously. Just accomplishing farm chores and household tasks at this point is all the work out I can handle.

I was smart though. I took 2 days to do it, and rested between rooms. It is also raining out so I'm going to take this opportunity to cuddle and watch a few too many movies this weekend. I hope my girlfriend who is coming to visit does not mind being bored to death.

After all...rest is part of being a Fit Mommy.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Yup. I'm relieved to hear that you took some time to rest!

Wise girl.

AnnG said...

Take care of yourself...you need your rest!!!