I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Forcing Excercise these days

I literally had to drag myself to the gym this morning.
I've been so incredibly tired.
I could lay on the couch ALL day. Only the guilt of knowing I have a house and children to take care of gets me moving these days.

I promised Lara she could do Yoga this morning so off we went at 830am.

To be honest, a big part of me wanted to just sit and drink coffee and wait for her to finish. But...I got my work out gear on and decided to at least walk on the treadmill. I mean really. How bad could I feel walking on the treadmill?

So. I did it.

The walk turned into a run and before I knew it I felt great.

30mins of running and I could have kept going.

I'm so glad I did it. Especially since I've spent the rest of the day lying on the couch. Oh wait...I mopped the kitchen floor, put away laundry, fed the kids and showered....then I laid down on the couch.
So there.

I forced myself and feel better because of it. Was not easy.

No comments: