I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Back on my Feet

With 93 days to the marathon, I put on my cute running skirt my hubby bought me (off Ebay of course) and heading for a 10km run.
I have to say that it felt alright.
I went nice and slow and enjoyed myself.
My crazy bleeding has almost stopped and I refuse to dwell on the idea that it may or may not have been a pregnancy.
I just want to move on, and tonight I was able to.

Although I don't think my goal of a 4hr marathon is reachable at this point due to my complete lack of training....I AM still going to run the thing. I AM going to accomplish my goal. In fact...I look forward to it again.

Probably a good thing since the race is only 3 months away!!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

You got a running skirt! Yay Adam! Congrats on being back on the running wagon, I'm hoping to join you in the next day or two. I fell off when Andrew got sick, then we went on vacation ... but now I don't have any excuses. I'm starting to feel soft so I need to get back out there. Have fun at camp and get in touch when you're back so that we can have a play date.

cathy said...

Alyson, way to go! I am so happy for you.

You are a trooper! You rock! Glad you love your running skirt!!

PS I have a white girly A of GG type skirt that I just love, and when I wear it...I think of you LOL!

Take care, and glad all will be OK.

Emma said...

hope your feeling better and everythings ok.good luck with training

miss you, love you.

xox - me