I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

6 MONTHS TO GO!!!!!

Under 180 Days!!!!!

O.K so my Marathon is now under 6 months away!! Oh how time flies. Looking at the ticker just made me panick!

Can I do it? will I be ready?

right now the task seems so DAUNTING!!

But I said I was going to do it. So I MUST!

Right now I can run 10 kms, by running 10min/walking 1min, and I can do it it at the Pace I need to run a 4hr marathon.

That is good, but I can't imagine going out for a 23 km long run!!! wow that is far!

I'm nervous....really nervous.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

You can do it!! Get out there and run!!

Run Alyson Run!!!! Run like the wind!!

The Kerr Family said...

I've been so bad lately. I haven't run since the week my kids go sick and that was over a week before I went on my cruise! Ugh! Is Beat Beethoven still doable?! I hate wasting all of this sunshine but I just can't seem to get off my ass!

Alyson said...

yes it is still doable!! you are doing it with me whether you are ready or not!!! so get off your ass!

The Kerr Family said...

LOL, you're such a good (Christian) friend :) I've run out of excuses (no pun intended) and promise to get out there tomorrow. Should I be doing some sort of trg plan so that I can attempt to beat Beethoven or at this point are we just concerned w/ me getting my sneakers on?

Alyson said...

Ummm...start with sneakers. Then get out the door two-three times a week. If you can get up to running 5kms, in about 30mins then I'm happy. Me and the race will carry you through the rest.
I think we need to do 8km in 55min?
I can run 10km in that time so you are good. And I promise not to kill you anyway. I just want to have fun.

The Kerr Family said...

I think it's 8k in 50 minutes (I read that online somewhere). I will run 5k in 30 minutes this afternoon (it's my standard pace and distance for my 'recovery run' that I realize I've been doing for 2 years :P). I might drive an 8k route after church and give it an attempt later in the week.