I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Getting back on the Horse....so to speak

I am finally over whatever 'sickness' I've had. I still need the results from the Dr. but at least now I am keeping food in, and I have not had any more mysterious fevers.

Peyton is sleeping through the night for the first time in his 11 months. I think THAT is the biggest factor. Well, perhaps combined with the fact that he is now no longer breastfeeding. I admit that I am emotional about that, but I needed to 'nurse' myself back to health. right now I need all the nutrients I can get so I can start to re-gain some of this weight loss.

I have been making a VERY conscious effort to add more fruits and veggies to EVERYTHING. This way I can get my stores back up to par.

I've done some research about FOOD PAIRING. For eg. Adding lemon to Green Tea helps to increase my absorption of the good stuff. (technical I know). Also, combining white beans with grilled chicken and tomato sauce in my spaghetti gives me the complete B vitamins. How wonderful.

AND.....DRUM ROLL PLEASE.

I am going to start running again. 3 weeks off is way way WAY too long of a hiatus.
I've already ran on the treadmill at the YMCA and didn't fall over, so we are good to go! I'm getting back on the horse so to speak.

Yay.

2 comments:

Amydeanne said...

interesting. I'll have to look at the food pairing you mentioned. I never knew that.. or forgot lol.. I used to run alot.. I really need to start again as well.. thanks for being encouraging!!!

and my little guy is just 10 m and just started sleeping thru the night.. well... almost ;p

cathy said...

Good for you Alyson! I am glad you are feeling better!!