I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Campers all Around

I joined the YMCA. It was the best decision I could have made this winter.

I have been struggling getting outside in this frigid cold, and the kids are quite restless. You can shove a kid outside in these temperatures for only so long.

So....

We made the plunge as a family and got a membership. We were worried at first about the expense but it is the Y!!! They change your fee depending on your salary. From Free to Whatever!! Yay for us!!

It has worked out Fantastic so far.

When Adam is working I can take all three kids, drop the littlest off at the fun play center, and the oldest gets to do programs.

I get a break from them...and they get a break from me.

The extra beauty of it all is that swimming lessons are included as well as any other program. We can go whenever we feel like it which is wonderful since Adam works shifts and his schedule is never the same. I don't HAVE to go on certain days or times.

I also LOVE that I only need to leave them for 30mins-1hr...and voila! we are together again. No two hour babysitting while I run into town for a workout. This way they make new friends as well.

So...happy all around are we ;)


I'm really....really sore these days though as my body remembers what lunges feel like.

No comments: