I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Great run tonight

Went for a 43 minute run tonight. It was my longest yet since starting to run 2 months ago. I feel great. My legs need a really good stretch but I feel just fine. It helped to have my fabulous running partner Cheryl again. It made the run go by so much faster.

What has helped us get this far is starting slow. We started off run/walking, added biking to strengthen our knees and now we are pushing the distance.

The only problem we are facing is time. We are both moms of three kids and need to fit the runs into our schedule. We are both blessed to have mothers and mother in laws to come over and hold the kids but don't want to manipulate their time.

Our goal is to run the 10km Terry Fox Run Sept 16th so we will continue to try long runs untill then. After that we will cut it down to one long run on Sunday mornings and short interval training during the week.

No comments: