I manage a country homestead and the lives of my 4 babies ages 10,8,5 and 3. I LOVE TO RUN and NEED to keep healthy and fit for my SANITY!! Seriously....All problems are solved when I am running.

Making MY health a priority allows me to be the mother and wife that I need to be for them.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Me Time

I'm still able to work out for half an hour six days a week even with Adam back to work. I love that I just have to head out the door for a run or a bike and don't need to drive to a gym or anything. That really cuts down on the time. I mostly go when Adam has a moment to watch all the kids. If not about once a week I get grandma to walk down the road and watch them for me. That is a definite bonus for living here and so appreciated.

I'm not sure what I will do when Adam leaves for training in the fall. I will probaby cut my work outs to twice a week and go for an hour. The kids can stay with grandma and that will be my alone time....and stress reliever.

I'm am always so amazed at the amount of energy and calm I get from working out regularly. I have so much patience and I'm more loving in general. I think this fall especially since I will be by myself with the 3, it will be a necessity.

Every time I head outside I am so grateful to the Lord for allowing me to use my legs. You see three years ago I was paralyzed from the waist down after a removal of a tumor from my spine. Knowing me I would have found another way to keep active, but thank you lord for allowing me to run. really....thanks.

No comments: